All participants in Immeln Swimrun 2018 must have turned 18 no later than the 18th of August 2018. Experience of swimming in open-water is a must as well as the ability to race for several hours (+4H-7H).
• The race courses are thoroughly marked in its entirety.
• The marked course must be followed and teams who don’t, will be disqualified.
• There are two check points in Immeln East and one checkpoint in Immeln west, where all teams must register.
• The teams must pass these check points within a stated time frame (+3/+5:45H). Teams that have not passed these check points in time will be taken off the race. For Immeln west there is currently no time frame.
• Time counts from the start until the last of the two team members have crossed the finish line.
• Each team has to make their own way from start to finish and are not allowed to be helped or assisted by anyone in order to facilitate winning the race.
• The race organization reserves the right to change the race course if any unforeseen situation occurs.
• All teams must carry their equipment throughout the entire race.
• The race organization supplies swim-caps for all participants, which must be worn on all swim sections.
• Mandatory equipment: all athletes must wear a wetsuit (long or short) and a whistle each. • Recommended equipment besides the mandatory above: swim glasses and floating device.
• Floatation device bigger than 50 X 30 cm is not allowed.
Responsibilities for participants:
• All athletes must brief the rules and respect them.
• All athletes enter Immeln Swimrun 2018 at their own risk and cannot hold the race organization responsible for any accident that may occur during the race.
• All athletes shall respect the environment, fellow competitors, race organization, spectators, and people living in the area.
• We want to leave no footprints in the race area and dumping garbage along the race-course is strictly forbidden. You need to carry out stuff you bring into the race (or leave at one of the two check points). Any offence against this rule will lead to disqualification. • All athletes are obliged to help in case of an emergency or if other teams are injured or sick.
• If a team decides to abandon the race they must report it to the race organization as soon as possible. The organizers will provide transport back to Immeln village.
• Due to the structure of the shores, with many submerged stones, diving into the water is strictly forbidden when entering the swim sections.
• Each team must stay together at all times and are not allowed to be separated from each other (max 20m apart).
• Registration for Immeln Swimrun 2018 is legally binding.
• In the event of illness or injury the entry fee will not be refunded. However, team members can be replaced up until 08.00 AM on August the 18th, 2018 (food preference can be changed no later than 10th of August, 2018). • The organizers recommend appropriate insurance to get the entry fee back in case the team cannot participate in the race.
• Offence against the rules leads to disqualification.
• The race organization reserves the right to use images and film taken during the competition without any compensation to the participants of Immeln Swimrun 2018.
ACCEPTING THE RULES
All athletes accept the rules when entering the race.
• The race organization reserves the right to cancel the race if an unforeseen event, that could endanger the health and safety of the contestants, should occur. In the case of such an event, the race organization will not be liable to refund the entrance fee.
© 2018 Immeln Swimrun 2018. ATOBE | Lilla Varvsgatan 24 LGH 1501 211 75 Malmö Sweden | Mobile: 0766-145824 | Email: email@example.com