Dear friends and contestants
We look forward to see you next weekend on saturday the 17th of August, for the fifth edition ofImmeln Swimrun.
We hope that you are all excited and well prepared. Please take some time to read the info in this document.
The race office is located in Immelns Båthamn/Immeln Marina
Click the link for directions to Immelns Båthamn:
You will find a few different parking spaces.
There is one next to the marina and if this is full you will find one next to Immelns Kanotcenter. There is also a third one just below Immelns Bygdegård (see the map below).
Registrating and collecting start kit
All teams must announce their presence and collect their start kit. The race office (located in a tent in the marina) opens at 07:15 and all teams must announce their presence and collect their start kit between before the bus leaves at 09:00.
The breakfast is served between 07:30 and 08:30 in a tent by the race office in the marina.
The race meeting will take place just after the breakfast in the race office at 08:30. All teams must be represented at the race meeting with at least one of the team members present. Teams that miss the race meeting will not be allowed to start in the race.
The start of the race
The start of the race is in Breanäs, which is located app. 15km from Immeln Village. A bus will transport all contestants from Immeln Marina to the start in Breanäs. The bus leaves at 09:00, after the breakfast and race meeting.
Changing clothes/wetsuits/ gear and preparing for the race
Changing of clothes/wetsuits/gear and general preparations for the race can be done at the start in Breanäs. There will be a tent where the teams can change. It will also be possible to change on the lawn, if the weather conditions are ok. We will not be able to provide separate changing rooms for men/women.
In the start kit, each team will find labels that can be attached on their drop bags. When the teams have finished changing and preparing, they must label their drop bags and put them in the luggage compartment of the bus. The same bus will transport all the drop bags back to the finishing area in Immeln village. The bags will be kept in a tent and guarded by officials during this time. Once the teams have crossed the finishing line, they can collect their drop bags in the tent.
The course will be thoroughly marked and a map will not be necessary to be able to get from the start to the finish. The map provided in the start kit can be used to get a good overview of the course.
Changes of the course 2019
Applies only to the EAST-course. We’ve made one change from last years course. The long 12k run on the eastern shore is divided into two with a approx 750m swim inbetween. This year there is also water between Tjärön and Draget, which means that you cannot jump across on the rocks. Instead you’ll have to wade across
The water level is higher this year which we are happy for. This means safer entrances in and exits from the water. However, caution should always be practised. Make sure to read the safety rules at our website: http://atobe.se/rules/.
There will be officials along the race that will guide the contestants in and out of the water. They’ll help you in any way that can to make sure that you are both safe and have a great experience.
There will be 2 checkpoints for Immeln Swimrun East and 1 checkpoint for Immeln Swimrun West, where contestants can fill up on energy and water. In addition there will be several places where water is served. At the checkpoints we will serve water, energy drinks, fruit, nuts, cookies and warm drinks.
The finish of the race
The finish of the race is in Immeln village, in the marina (the same place as the race office).
The showers are located a 5 minute walk from the finishing line (in the building where the camping office is, just next to the beach). We encourage all contestants to store some warm clothes in their drop bags, to be used after having finished the race. The experience from earlier years is that many contestants are cold when they reach the goal (however, this year it may be different due to the warm weather). it may still be nice to have something warm to put on during the walk from the finishing line to the showers. For hot water, coins are needed and each contestant will be given these in the tent where the drop bags are picked up.
After race dinner
Nutritious and tasty food will be available for all contestants in the area where the finishing line is located (by the marina) The food will be served continuously and the contestants decide themselves when they want to eat.
07:15 - 08:30 Registration and collection of start kits. The start kit contains race timer, swim cap, map and drop bag tags.
07:30 - 08:30 Breakfast
08:30 - 09:00 Race meeting
09:00 - 09:30 Transportation to Breanäs
09:30 - 09:55 Changing of clothes, general preparations and handing in drop bags
13:00 Cut off time no1 at the checkpoint in Skärsnäs (Immeln Swimrun East)
15:45 Cut off time no2 at the checkpoint on Kvinnoöarna (Immeln Swimrun East)
16:00 Announcing the winner and price ceremony
17.00 Final cut of time to finish the race (both courses)
18.00 Social activities
Due to the expected high air and water temperatures wetsuits with short sleeves and legs are allowed. Contestants with full wetsuits are recommended to open and/or take off upper body part of wetsuit when running the long distance legs.
-Floating device (not bigger than 50X30cm)
Yellow marking: The Marina and race office
Pink markings: Parking facilities
Link to Immeln on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/fmPJgiA1rP12
Thank you for participating in Immeln Swimrun and thanks to our partners Freefoot, Olander Swim/Sailfish and FK Göingarna.
We also want to thank all officials and local people.
Contact info ATOBE:
Melker Larsson / email@example.com / 0723-867138
Henrik Larsson / firstname.lastname@example.org / 0708-221711
Erik Nilsson / email@example.com / 0766-145824
Karl Berglund / firstname.lastname@example.org / 0739-419989
Fredrik Byrfors / email@example.com / 0707-505171" rel="prettyPhoto[rel-1721521122]">
CORONA EDITION - FAQ:
This FAQ will be updated continuously.
- Hur sker start?
- Vi kommer starta i mindre grupper vid olika tidpunkter. Totalt 4st grupper där vi har två starter per bana (North/South).(Mer info kommer)
- Hur hanterar ni folksamlingar?
- I och med de olika starttiderna så kommer vi rekommendera när de olika startgrupperna bör vara på plats, vi kommer ha stor yta för vår arena. I år har vi ingen bussning, vilket är positivt ur Corona-synpunkt. Efter målgång serveras mat kontinuerligt med utspridda sittplatser. Möjlighet till dusch finns, där max 5 deltagare får vistas åt gången. Prisutdelning sker i samband med att vinnarna kommer i mål för att göra tillställningen kortare och mer utspridd så att inte alla deltagare samlas vid samma tidpunkt.
- Vad händer om läget förvärras?
- Skulle restriktionerna stramas åt för antal individer som får samlas så att vi inte längre under rimliga premisser kan genomföra loppet så kommer vi flytta deltagarnas startplatser till 2021. Alternativt att 70% av anmälningsavgiften betalas tillbaka. Som läget ser ut just nu så kommer vi genomföra loppet, och det ställs endast in ifall förutsättningarna förändras drastiskt.
- How will you start the race?
- We will start in smaller groups at different times. A total of 4 groups where we have two starts per course (North / South). (More info to come)
- How will you manage crowds?
- With the different start times we will recommend when the different start groups should be in place, we will have a large area for our arena. This year we have no bushing, which is positive from Corona's point of view. After finishing, food is served continuously with scattered seating. There is a possibility for a shower, where a maximum of 5 participants may stay at one time. Prizes are awarded in conjunction with the winners arriving at the goal to make the event shorter and more spread out so that not all participants gather at the same time.
- What if the situation gets worse?
- Should the restrictions be tightened for the number of individuals who may gather so that we can no longer carry out the race under reasonable terms, we will move the participants' starting places to 2021. Alternatively, 70% of the registration fee will be refunded. As the situation looks right now, we will carry out the race, and it is only set if the conditions change drastically.
Contact info ATOBE:
Melker Larsson - RACE DIRECTOR / firstname.lastname@example.org / 0723-867138
Henrik Larsson - COURSE MANAGER / email@example.com / 0708-221711
Fredrik Byrfors - PRESS / firstname.lastname@example.org / 0707-505171" rel="prettyPhoto[rel-1721521122]">